Please carefully read through these terms and conditions
Privacy Of Your Information
Marchwood Appliance Repairs registered office is: 20-22 Wenlock Road London England N1 7GU. Company No. 09213469.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act. We are committed to preserving the privacy of all visitors to this web site. By applying for a fixed price repair on this web site you consent to the collection, use and transfer of your information under the terms of this policy.
What Information We Collect From You And Why?
When you book a repair with Marchwood Appliance Repairs, we need to know your name, home address, e-mail address, contact telephone number, appliance details, credit or debit card number and expiry date. This enables us to process your fixed price repair application or labour only repair, authorise your credit or debit card payment, keep you informed of your repair status and fulfill the repair of your appliance.
Use Of Your Information
This information will enable us to provide you with access to all parts of the Marchwood Appliance Repairs web site and to supply the goods and services you have requested. It will also enable us to bill you and to contact you where necessary concerning your repair status. We will also use and analyse the information we collect so that we can administer, support, develop and improve our business.
We may use your information to contact you for your views on our services and to notify you occasionally about important changes or developments to the site or to our services. Where you have consented, we might also use your information to let you know about other products and services which we offer which may be of interest to you and we may contact you by post, telephone or e-mail.
If you do not want to receive marketing information please write to The Data Protection Office, Marchwood Appliance Repairs Limited, 20-22 Wenlock Road London England N1 7GU.
We May Also Use Your Information For All Or Any Of The Following Purposes:-
- To generate anonymous statistical reports. These are essential to give us an overview of how our site is being used and enables us to improve our service.
- Personal data submitted to this site may be used for the following, plus any purpose stated on the relevant part of the site:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website;
- send statements and invoices to you and collect payments from you;
- send you general commercial communications;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users - without identifying any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
- Any other purpose stated on the relevant part of our website at the point the data is gathered.
What Security Do We Have?
We recognise that security of communications and transactions over the Internet is of the utmost importance to you. We take all necessary precautions to protect your personal information and store it securely.
To protect your personal information we utilise the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer encryption technology for any online payment. This process encrypts all of your personal information, including name & address and credit card number so that it cannot be read as it travels over the internet. On each Marchwood Appliance Repairs screen at the foot of the page you will notice a padlock icon "Authentic Secure" (Google, Internet Explorer and Firefox) this ensures any information you send to us is encrypted and kept confidential during its transmission.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of information about you which we store on your computer hard drive. If you set your browser to reject the cookies you may be limiting your use of some areas of the Marchwood Appliance Repairs web site. Our cookies hold the following information:
- A unique identification number in order to keep track of your repair.
- A unique reference number to help identify the repair.
Security And Data Retention
We employ security measures to protect your information from access by unauthorised persons and against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for a reasonable period or as long as the law requires.
Data Protection Act
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to apply for a copy of your personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to correction, blocking or deletion of your personal information. If you want a copy of this information or request an amendment or deletion, you will need to send us a written request with the following:
- Your full name and address
- Your Marchwood Appliance Repairs Job Number
- A cheque payable to Marchwood Appliance Repairs Limited for £15 in respect of our administration costs
- A copy of one of these proofs of identity:
- Birth Certificate
- Driver's License
- Credit or debit card statement
- Utility bill
- Child benefit book
- Pension book
Please send your request, cheque and proof of identity to: The Data Protection Office, Marchwood Appliance Repairs Limited, 20-22 Wenlock Road London England N1 7GU.
We recommend that the request is sent by Recorded Delivery, but this is not compulsory.
Upon receipt of request, along with your cheque and proof of identity, we will get back to you within 40 days.
Please click on Terms and Conditions for more information.